On Apr 30, 2012, at 2:04 PM, Leif Lindholm wrote:

> My only question mark was with regards to the lack of out-of-line assembly
> implementations for the older architecture versions (as in "I don't know
> whether people would care about that or not").
>
> It does apply cleanly-ish (non-interactively) on top of 1.5.5, but I don't
> know if any further drops off 1.5 are planned?

No, 1.5.5 was the end of that line.

Let me explain our versioning:

- 1.odd numbers (1.5.x) are "Feature" series.
- 1.even numbers (1.6.x) are "Stable" series.

1.6 is just a re-naming from the 1.5 series (i.e., it's not a new branch from
the trunk).  It represents the maturity of a feature series.  Once it
transitions to 1.6/stable, no new features can be added/removed -- only bug
fixes.

See http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/versions/ if you care for more info.

So I committed the ARM patch against the trunk and filed a CMR for 1.6.

For corporate legal information go to: