I wrote a chapter about Open MPI in "The Architecture of Open Source
Applications, volume 2", which was just made available in dead tree form
today:

http://blogs.cisco.com/performance/the-architecture-of-open-source-applicat
ions-volume-ii/

All royalties from this book go to Amnesty International (I don't get
anything).

There's lots to learn from this book (and volume 1, too!).  The designs of
successful, open source software packages that you'll recognize are in
these books, including (in no particular order): Open MPI, Bash, GDB,
Puppet, Eclipse, Mailman, the Hadoop distributed filesystem, LLVM, Git,
Sendmail, ...and many others.

I'm told that PDFs will be available soon.  Additionally, in good open
source form, all the content from this book will be freely available at
aosabook.org in a week or so (all the content from volume 1 is already
there).

For corporate legal information go to: