I put back r26802, modifying nbc_internal.h and nbc.c. Can you add this to your omnibus v1.7 CMR 3169? I left the padding/packing alone and simply replaced round-schedule accesses with macros that handle the addressing and use memcpy for data movement. The former simplifies the pointer manipulation and the latter helps portability. Specifically, NBC now works on SPARC.