On Sep 11, 2012, at 4:57 PM, Paul Hargrove wrote:

> So, I think the README could use an update with respect to IA64 and ICC.
> Note that I can build w/ gcc just fine on IA64, but I'd not exactly break
> down in tears if OMPI dropped support for IA64 entirely.

Thanks for the reminder!

I added:

- It has been reported that the Intel 9.1 and 10.0 compilers fail to
  compile Open MPI on IA64 platforms.  As of 12 Sep 2012, there is
  very little (if any) testing performed on IA64 platforms (with any
  compiler).  Support is "best effort" for these platforms, but it is
  doubtful that any effort will be expended to fix the Intel 9.1 /
  10.0 compiler issuers on this platform.