Solaris and NetBSD platforms which displayed the VT Makefile error w/
1.6.2rc2 have completed successful builds w/ 1.6.2rc3.

The PGI-8.0 platform which showed the other VT problem is down at the moment.
So, I've tested that fix on the older (and thus slower) PGI-7.2-5
platform which also displayed the original problem.  That looks to be
fixed too.

Finally, Jeff's fix to "loosen" the opal_nfs_path test to ignore
type==none (e.g. for bind-mounts) doesn't appear to be in this rc -
the file test/util/opal_path_nfs.c is unchanged relative to rc2.
Perhaps a CMR is in order?  Perhaps it just didn't rank as important
enough?

-Paul [who doesn't mind creating more work for Jeff]