Hi,

On 10/01/2012 10:22 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Brice pinged me off list and said he *might* have a look at this later this
> week.
>
> In case anyone else might be interested in taking over the git SVN mirror,
> here's a history of what has been done:
>
> 1. Eugene Voronov at Mellanox kindly provided 2 scripts that were the
> foundation for what I did in the git mirror.  The final versions of them are
> attached:
>
>    - make-git-clone.sh: made the initial git clone of the SVN tree
>    - update-git-svn.sh: run every 30 mins to pull from SVN, merge to all the
> relevant branches, and push to github
>    - authors.txt: a file I made with all the SVN IDs and committer names
> (made via svn log + scripting + manual tweaks).  You'll need this file to run
> the above 2 scripts.
>
> 2. To be honest, I don't fully understand the git-ness of what these 2
> scripts are doing (which is why I'm giving this up).
>
> 3. The update script has been run via cron for several weeks and mysteriously
> stopped working (with a set of errors -- see attached) this past Friday.  All
> updates since then have (predictably) failed because git is in the middle of
> a failed merge.
>
> 4. For anyone who wants to take this stuff over, I'm happy to share the local
> tree that I was using for the pulling-from-SVN and pushing-to-github, or you
> can feel free to re-create the tree yourself.  I'm also happy to give
> whatever access you need to the OMPI organization on github.

as far as I know, github.com has a svn-2-git conversion service too, but
I never tried it though. Btw, I have also good git skills and using
git-svn for local stuff, but never setup a git-svn-mirror, only a
git-cvs-mirror.

That said, while I'm currently not working on the Open MPI code, I'm
nevertheless offer you my help.

Bert
--
Dipl.-Inf. Bert Wesarg
wiss. Mitarbeiter

Technische Universität Dresden
Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH)
01062 Dresden
Tel.: +49 (351) 463-42451
Fax: +49 (351) 463-37773
E-Mail: bert.wes...@tu-dresden.de