Dear Sir or Madam,
I'm running application on SMP clusters and want to get  good performance
for collective communications utilizing shared memory feature. I browse
official website of OpenMPI, and see that OpenMPI can automatically find
the best network according to the hardware architecture, for example in SMP
cluster, it choose shared memory to communication intra-node and use socket
for inter-node communication.

Now I want to know does the optimization for collective communication is
built on top of point to point communication? Or it is separate part? Can
you bring me some details about the optimization for shared memory
collectives?
Best Regards,
Shigang Li.