Note that with Apple's latest versions of Xcode (4.2 and higher, IIRC)
Clang is now the default C compiler.  I am told that Clang is the ONLY
bundled compiler for OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) unless you take extra steps
to install gcc (which is actually llvm-gcc and cross-compiles for OSX 10.7).

So, Clang *is* gaining some "market share", though not yet in major HPC
systems.

-Paul