Mike,

I've never personally used git2svn, but my understanding is that it would
require us to essentially "lock" the repository to all other commits while you
are using it, which isn't very friendly to the rest of the community.  Also,
using git2svn probably wouldn't twiddle the SVN merge tracking metadata
correctly.

I think it would be better to simply handle this with "svn merge" and friends.

-Dave