There is some confusion in the thread. UDCM is just another CPC, like XOOB,
OOB, and RDMACM (I think IBCM is officially dead).
XOOB and OOB don't use UDCM, they relay on ORTE out-of-band communication.

OpenIB/connect supports UDCM,XOOB,OOB, and RDMACM
OFACM supports (at least last time when we checked) OOB and XOOB

RDMACM was not moved to OFACM, because of iWarp's "first message" requirement
that used to break the abstraction.
Moreover RDMACM scalability used to be terrible, as a result no one in IB
community really used it.
The situation is a bit different today, since ROCEE relays on RDMACM. It worth
noting that you may setup
ROCEE connections with a regular OOB with a some restrictions (we did it for
mvapich-1).

The code between ofacm and openib is similar, but NOT the same. We change the
API in a way that it allows
to hide XRC QP management (there is hash table that manages QP to EP mapping)
in OFACM instead of OPENIB.
This made openib initialization code a bit cleaner. Here is my old tree with
openib btl changes https://bitbucket.org/pasha/ofacm

I hope it helps,

Best,
Pasha