On 12/04/13 14:53, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
On Dec 4, 2013, at 4:31 AM, Paul Kapinos <kapi...@rz.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
Argh - what a shame not to see "btl:usnic"  :-|
What a shame you don't have Cisco hardware to use the usnic BTL!  :-p
Well, this is far above my decision level :o)

Look for the openib messages, not the usnic messages.

Well, as said there were *no messages* form the patch you provided in
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2013/06/12472.php

Ah, I see.

I've attached of a run with single process per node on nodes with 2 NICs, maybe
you can see what goes wrong..

What I'm guessing is happening here is that hwloc was built without PCI device
detection, and therefore you're not getting the benefit of the near/far
detection.

I don't think we currently export whether hwloc was built with PCI device
detection support or not, so look for the section in your configure output
labeled:

--- MCA component hwloc:hwloc152 (m4 configuration macro, priority 75)

Send the output of that section here.  There should be tests for PCI libraries
in there; that should tell us whether you have PCI detection support enabled.

The whole configure output attached, to prevent bad copying, as far as output of 'ompi_info --all'.

As far as I see "it should be there":

--
Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
Seffenter Weg 23,  D 52074  Aachen (Germany)