Did the mca_base_component_distill_checkpoint_ready paramter go away? Its
intention was to allow a user to have a build with C/R compiled in and then
choose at runtime if they want to restrict their component section to just
C/R enabled components or not. I have reservations about that part of the
patch.

If it is a compilation issue and that MCA parameter was lost, then I would
leave the code in an #ifdef so we come back and make sure that
functionality is preserved in the final version.

I think if you fix the distill_checkpoint issue, then this patch is ok with
me.

As per my other messages, I agree with the comments from Jeff and Paul
about existing code. I think a good compromise at this time would be to
#ifdef out the code (so it is preserved for later re-design) and leave a
big comment that we need to return there in the next stage. Leave the
replacement code in a comment below it.

Thanks!
Josh