On Feb 10, 2014, at 7:22 PM, Christoph Niethammer <nietham...@hlrs.de> wrote:

> 2.) Interesting idea: Using the approximation from the cited paper we should
> only need around 400 MB to store all primes in the int32 range. Potential for
> applying compression techniques still present. ^^

Per Andreas' last mail, we only need primes up to sqrt(2B) + 1 more.  That
*has* to be less than 400MB... right?

sqrt(2B) = 46340.  So the upper limit on the size required to hold all the
primes from 2...46340 is 46340*sizeof(int) = 185,360 bytes (plus one more, per
Andreas, so 185,364).

This is all SWAGing, but I'm assuming the actual number must be *far* less than
that...

For corporate legal information go to: