Hi folks

Just an end-of-week status update on the 1.7.5 branch. With most CMRs applied,
it doesn't look too bad. We still have failures in the following MPI functions:

* intercomm_create - was supposed to be fixed by the coll/ml CMR, but
apparently was not

* datatype/idx_null

* collective/ireduce_loc

* collective/ibcast_struct

* topology/distgraph1

The shmem code is showing roughly a 20% failure rate on its test suite. Some of
those are due to running with too many processors (test errors out with that
message), but the majority of them are OSHMEM calling abort for some reason.
This is with TCP under CentOS using gcc.

My test results are here:  http://mtt.open-mpi.org/index.php?do_redir=2154

I'd like to see us resolve the MPI problems, or at least certify that they are
not a regression from 1.7.4. I'm comfortable releasing the shmem code in a "as
good as we can get" mode (since there is no apparent damage to the MPI side),
with an accompanying "known defects" file and a plan on fixing the problems.

Still on the table:

* usnic UDP upgrade

* ob1 optimization

* SGI xpmem support