On Mar 11, 2014, at 11:25 PM, Orion Poplawski <or...@cora.nwra.com> wrote:

>> Did you find any others, perchance?
>
> Also:
> MPI_Type_hindexed
> MPI_Type_struct
>
> But these were also deprecated in MPI-2.0, so probably gone in MPI-3.

Correct -- i.e., I confirm you're right: MPI_Type_indexed and MPI_Type_struct
were deprecated in MPI-2.0 (1994), and finally removed in MPI-3 (2012).

> That's it as far as score-p is concerned.  Note that dropping functions
> has serious ABI/soname implications.

Keep in mind that MPI-3 deleted these interfaces, but they had already been
deprecated for over 2012-1994 = 17 years.

MPI-3 also made it clear that MPI implementations can keep providing these
interfaces, but they must adhere to the prototypes that were published in prior
versions of the MPI specification (i.e., no const).

At this point, I believe both Open MPI and MPICH will issue deprecated warnings
if your compiler supports them if you use these functions.  Open MPI doesn't
yet have any plans for actually removing the functions.  If/when we do remove
them, we'll do it at the beginning of a new feature series.

> I'll probably have to hack up
> something for scorep to handle these, probably just be removing them.

It would be best to migrate to the new interfaces; it should be quite trivial
(change the parameter type from "int" to "MPI_Aint").  17 years is enough.  :-)

For corporate legal information go to: