It looks like I did not add the prefix path to the binary name before
fork/exec in orte-restart.

There is a string variable that you can use to get the appropriate prefix:
  opal_install_dirs.prefix
from
  opal/mca/installdirs/installdirs.h

It's the same one that Ralph mentioned that orterun uses.

If you add that on there then you should be ok. You might want to check the
app-files produces use the prefix as well when referencing opal-restart.