Ok, fair enough; thanks.  That's a pretty good reason to not chop it any time
soon (and it's not like there's any pressure to do/not do something
immediately).

Can you keep us informed -- e.g., if your requirement ever does disappear and
it would be safe to delete this functionality from OMPI?  (I'm not saying we
*would* delete it, but if a community member changes their stance from "there's
a nonzero chance we're going to need it" to "we're not going to use it", that
would be a very helpful data point).

Thanks.