Strange. The outcome and the timing of this issue seems to highlight a link
with the other datatype-related issue you reported earlier, and as suggested by
Ralph with Gilles scif+vader issue.

Generally speaking, the mechanism used to split the data in the case of
multiple BTLs, is identical to the one used to split the data in fragments. So,
if the culprit is in the splitting logic, one might see some weirdness as soon
as we force the exclusive usage of the send protocol, with an unconventional
fragment size.

In other words using the following flags “—mca btl tcp,self —mca btl_tcp_flags
3 —mca btl_tcp_rndv_eager_limit 23 —mca btl_tcp_eager_limit 23 —mca
btl_tcp_max_send_size 23” should always transfer wrong data, even when only one
single BTL is in play.

  George.