We discussed with Ralph Joshuas concerns and decided to try automatic PMI2
correctness first as it was initially intended. Here is my idea. The
universal way to decide if PMI2 is correct is to compare PMI_Init(..,
&rank, &size, ...) and PMI2_Init(.., &rank, &size, ...). Size and rank
should be equal. In this case we proceed with PMI2 finalizing PMI1.
Otherwise we finalize PMI2 and proceed with PMI1.
I need to clarify with SLURM guys if parallel initialization of both PMIs
are legal. If not - we'll do that sequentially.
In other places we'll just use the flag saying what PMI version to use.
Does that sounds reasonable?