Ralph,

let me quickly reply about this one :

On 2014/10/16 12:00, Ralph Castain wrote:
> I also don't understand some of the changes in this commit. For example, why
> did you replace the OPAL_MODEX_SEND_STRING macro with essentially a
> hard-coded replica of that macro?
OPAL_MODEX_SEND_STRING put a key of type OPAL_BYTE_OBJECT

in ompi_proc_complete_init:
                OPAL_MODEX_RECV_VALUE(ret, OPAL_DSTORE_ARCH,
(opal_proc_t*)&proc->super,
                                      (void**)&ui32ptr, OPAL_UINT32);

a key of type OPAL_UINT32 is expected, and an key of type
OPAL_BYTE_OBJECT was sent

i chose to "fix" the sender (e.g. send a key of type OPAL_UINT32)

should i have "fixed" the receiver instead ?
> Would you mind reverting this until we can better understand what is going
> on, and decide on a path forward?
no problem
based on my previous comment, shall i also revert the change in
ompi/proc/proc.c as well ?

Cheers,

Gilles