Easy enough to explain. We link libpmi into the pmix/s1 component. This library
is missing the linkage to libslurm that contains the linkage to libauth where
munge resides. So when we call a PMI function, libpmi references a call to
munge for authentication and hits an “unresolved symbol” error.

Moe acknowledges the error is in Slurm and is fixing the linkages so this
problem goes away