On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Paul Hargrove <phhargr...@lbl.gov> wrote:

> 2b.  I am retrying now with all of Cray's environment modules unloaded
> except the one for the PGI compiler.  Nathan had suggested something like
> this to me in the past, but I've never had issues with the default
> environment.  I will report the result when available.

The result is unchanged after unloading all the Cray environment modules.

However, I did notice that configure found (for instance) ALPS support
despite my unloading all the Cray environment modules and included a
message recognizing the system as CLE4.   So, it is possible that unloading
the modules was insufficient to avoid the Cray-specific aspects of the
system.

HOWEVER - switching from PGI to GNU compilers made the problem go away.
So, I suspect it may be an issue with the installation/configuration of the
PGI compilers.

-Paul

--
Paul H. Hargrove                          phhargr...@lbl.gov
Computer Languages & Systems Software (CLaSS) Group