Hi all,

The OpenMPI FAQ says:

https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=slurm#slurm-direct-srun-mpi-apps

# Yes, if you have configured OMPI --with-pmi=foo, where foo is
# the path to the directory where pmi.h/pmi2.h is located.
# Slurm (> 2.6, > 14.03) installs PMI-2 support by default.

However, we've found on a new system we're bringing up this doesn't
appear to be true for the vanilla Slurm 14.11.8 we're installing.

Instead PMI2 is in a contrib directory which appears to need manual
intervention to install.

I've sent an email to the Slurm list to query this behaviour but I was
wondering in case anyone had run into this here too?

All the best,
Chris
 Email: sam...@unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545