I'm trying to run OpenMPI in OSv container
(https://github.com/cloudius-systems/osv). It's a single process, single
address space VM, without fork, exec, openpty function. With some
butchering of OSv and OpenMPI I was able to compile orted.so, and run it
inside OSv via mpirun (mpirun is on remote machine). The orted.so loads
mpi_hello.so and executes its main() in new pthread.

Which than aborts due to communication failure/timeout - as reported by
mpirun. I assume that that mpi_hello.so should connect back to mpirun,
and report 'something' about itself. What could that be?
Plus, where could I extend that timeout period - once mpirun closes,
output from opal_output is not shown any more.

Is there some highlevel overview about OpenMPI, how are modules
connected, what is 'startup' sequence etc?
ompi_info lists compiled modules, but I still don't know how are they
connected.

So basically - I lack knowledge of OpenMPI internals, and would highly
appreciate links for "rookie" developers.
Say https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/wiki/IOFDesign tells me what IOF
is, and a bit about its working. So, if someone has any list of such
links - could it be shared?