I was initially for this idea, but now I find myself conflicted.

Specifically: what's the value in yet another MPI test suite?

Sure, we've got a bunch of tests that no one else has (i.e., the things we've
home-grown over the years). Some are great tests.  Some will need to be cleaned
up and generalized. Some are user-contributed. Some are ompi-specific.

Should these tests be contributed to some other test suite?

Specifically: I'm wondering about the MPICH test suite - that seems to be the
only remaining big MPI test suite these days. Is it worth having a discussion w
the MPICH folks to see if a) their test suite is general enough for all MPI
implementations, and B) if they would accept a bunch of random tests from us?

And if not, I think I'd like to understand better the value add that we can
provide by making another MPI test suite.

Sent from my phone. No type good.