> On May 31, 2017, at 7:52 AM, r...@open-mpi.org wrote:
>
>> On May 31, 2017, at 7:48 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquy...@cisco.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On May 30, 2017, at 11:37 PM, Barrett, Brian via devel
>> <devel@lists.open-mpi.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> We have now created a v3.0.x branch based on today’s v3.x branch.  I’ve
>>> reset all outstanding v3.x PRs to the v3.0.x branch.  No one has
>>> permissions to pull into the v3.x branch, although I’ve left it in place
>>> for a couple of weeks so that people can slowly update their local git
>>> repositories.
>>
>> A thought on this point...
>>
>> I'm kinda in favor of ripping off the band aid and deleting the
>> old/stale/now-unwritable v3.x branch in order to force everyone to update to
>> the new branch name ASAP.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> FWIW: Brian very kindly already re-pointed all the existing PRs to the new
> branch.

Yes, I should have noted that in my original email.  That solves the existing
PR problem, but everyone still has a bit of work to do if they had local
changes to a branch based on v3.x.  In theory, it shouldn’t be much work to
clean all that up.  But theory and practice don’t always match when using git
:).

Brian