On Sunday, March 18th, the Open MPI team is going to make a change in where
nightly tarballs are stored that will likely impact MTT test configuration.  If
you have an automated system (including MTT) that fetches nightly tarballs, you
will likely need to make a change in the next two weeks to avoid breakage.

Over the last year, we’ve been working behind the scenes to improve some of the
workflows around building and releasing tarballs (both nightly and release),
including moving them out of our web tree and into Amazon S3 (and the Amazon
CloudFront CDN for downloads).  It’s time to make the next step, moving the
nightly tarballs out of the web tree.

As of December, the nightly tarball builder uploads the build results to S3,
which can be accessed from:

   https://download.open-mpi.org/nightly/open-mpi/<release branch>/<tarball
name>

So to get the latest 3.0 nightly tarball version, you’d download
https://download.open-mpi.org/nightly/open-mpi/v3.0.x/latest_snapshot.txt.  The
build artifact tree under https://download.open-mpi.org/nightly/open-mpi/
matches the tree under https://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/, so scripts should
work with only the change in root of the tree.

On Sunday, March 18th, we’ll stop mirroring tarballs to www.open-mpi.org and
rewrite the web pages to direct users to download.open-mpi.org/ for downloading
nightly tarballs of Open MPI.  We will add redirects from the old tarballs and
latest_snapshot.txt files to the new location, but not all clients follow
redirects by default.  So we’re asking everyone to proactively update their MTT
scripts.  It should just be updating lines like:

  ompi_snapshot_url = https://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/master

to read:

  ompi_snapshot_url = https://download.open-mpi.org/nightly/open-mpi/master

Thanks,