Hey folks

I saw the referenced "new feature" on the v5 feature spreadsheet and wanted to
ask a quick question. Is the OFI MTL going to be doing its own hwloc topology
discovery for this feature? Or is it going to access the topology info via PMIx
and the OPAL hwloc abstraction?

I ask because we know that having every proc do its own topology discovery is a
major problem on large-core systems (e.g., KNL or Power9). If OFI is going to
do an hwloc discovery operation, then we need to ensure this doesn't happen
unless specifically requested by a user willing to pay that price (and it was
significant).

Can someone from Amazon (as the item is assigned to them) please clarify?
Ralph