From: devel <devel-boun...@lists.open-mpi.org> on behalf of "Jeff Squyres
(jsquyres) via devel" <devel@lists.open-mpi.org>
Date: Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 9:38 AM
To: Open MPI Developers List <devel@lists.open-mpi.org>
Cc: Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [OMPI devel] Which compiler versions to test?

    CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you can confirm the sender and know the
content is safe.

    Open question to the Open MPI dev community...

    Over time, the size of my MTT cluster has been growing smaller (due to
hardware failure, power budget restrictions, etc.).  This means that I have far
fewer CPU cycles available for testing various compilers and configure CLI
options than I used to.

    What compilers does the community think are worthwhile to test these days?
I generally have access to gcc/gfortran, clang, and some versions of the Intel
compiler suite.

    master, 4.0.x, and 4.1.x branches
    - gcc 4.8.5 (i.e., the default gcc on RHEL 7.x)
    - gcc 9.latest
    - gcc 10.latest
    - clang 9.0.latest
    - clang 10.0.latest
    - Intel 2017
    - Intel 2019

    (I don't have Intel 2018 or Intel 2020)

    Is this sufficient?  Or is it worthwhile to test other versions of these
compilers?