I just noticed another 'new' aspect of configure on master. The sharedfp/sm
component is now not compiled anymore, I double checked that it is still
correctly detected and handled on 4.1, so it must be a recent change.

On master:
--snip--

--- MCA component sharedfp:sm (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component sharedfp:sm compile mode... dso
checking semaphore.h usability... yes
checking semaphore.h presence... yes
checking for semaphore.h... yes
checking for sem_open... no
checking for semaphore.h... (cached) yes
checking for sem_init... no
checking if MCA component sharedfp:sm can compile... no

--snip --

while e.g. on 4.1 on exactly the same platform:

--snip--
--- MCA component sharedfp:sm (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component sharedfp:sm compile mode... dso
checking semaphore.h usability... yes
checking semaphore.h presence... yes
checking for semaphore.h... yes
checking for sem_open... yes
checking for semaphore.h... (cached) yes
checking for sem_init... yes
checking if MCA component sharedfp:sm can compile... yes
---snip---

it looks like a library that is required for the semaphore operations was be
default included previously, and is not anymore?
Thanks
Edgar