Thomas,

in order to test Open MPI, you can download
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/open-mpi/ompi/master/examples/hello_c.c

and build it

$ mpicc -o hello_c examples/hello_c.c

and then run
$ mpiexec --mca btl ^openib -N 5 ./hello_c

It should display 5 different lines (rank 0 to 4 of 5).
If you see the same line (I am 0 of 1) 5 times, this indicates an issue.

Cheers,

Gilles