The Github branch rename has been completed.  Actions developers should take:

  1.  Update your Github fork: rename "master" to "main".  Failure to do this
will likely lead to wailing and gnashing of teeth at some point.
     *   Navigate to your Github fork --> Settings --> Branches (e.g.,
https://github.com/jsquyres/ompi/settings/branches).
     *   Click on the pencil button to the right of the default "master" branch.
     *   Change "main" to "master" and click "Rename branch".

  2.  Update your local Git clones of the OMPI tree: for example:

git branch --move master main
git fetch origin
git branch --set-upstream-to origin/main main
git remote set-head origin -a

  3.  Update your MTT config:
     *   The simplest thing to do is to s/master/main/g in all your MTT config
files.
     *   The old "master" nightly snapshot download URL will work for the next
7 days (it will stop working Friday, 1 April 2022), where "work" means:
        *   The URL will exist and HTTP GETs will not generate 404s
        *   No new tarballs will be updated

Stuff developers probably want to know:

  1.  All pull requests in https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/pulls that targeted
"master" have been automatically re-targeted to "main"
     *   There was one exception (PR #3262).  The owner of that PR was notified.
  2.  The first snapshot tarball from the "main" branch has been created:
https://www.open-mpi.org/nightly/main/

Please let us know if you have any questions or problems.