Hi,
I wonder if coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules MCA parameter is still useful.

Remainder of this MCA parameter behavior:
Default value: false
When activated, it allows the use of dynamic rules of the coll/tuned component
(algorithm choice and parameters through MCA parameters).

Is there any need or argument for keeping this parameter? (except "it was here
yesterday")

The issue encountered here is that, with verbose=0 and
coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules=false, all the MCA parameters driving the dynamic
behavior of the coll/tuned component are silently ignored.
Forgetting to switch it on leads to a silent unwanted behavior, what is kind of
annoying.

Is there something I miss about this MCA parameter?

I suggest removing the coll_tuned_use_dynamic_rules MCA parameter or at least
have its default value to true.

I can make the changes and open a PR If we want to remove this parameter.

Regards,
Florent Germain
Ingénieur de développement
florent.germ...@atos.net<mailto:florent.germ...@atos.net>