Hi all -

I filed https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/pull/10769 this morning, proposing to
remove two capabilities from OMPI's configure script:

  1.  The ability to take an OMPI tarball, and drop in a component source tree,
then run configure to build OMPI with that component.
  2.  The ability to use full configure scripts (instead of configure.m4 stubs
like most components today).

Note that both functionalities have been broken for at least 3 months in main,
although possibly in a way that would only be somewhat broken and may actually
result in a working build (but with many shell errors during configure).  Since
we don’t have good tests, have provably broken this path recently, we should
remove it unless there’s a clear user today.  So this is really a call for any
users of this functionality to identify themselves.  If I don’t hear back by
Sept 19, I will consider silence to be assent.

Brian