From: Brice Goglin<mailto:brice.gog...@inria.fr>
Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2023 2:25 PM
To: Open MPI Developers<mailto:devel@lists.open-mpi.org>; Yatindra
Vaishnav<mailto:yatindr...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] 32 bit issues (was: 32 bit support needs a maintainer)

Hello

This seems to be the code for sharing the hwloc topology in shared memory. This
whole thing was designed for very large virtual spaces (>=48bits on most CPUs)
where it's easy to find a virtual memory area that is unused in all
participating processes. I am not sure it's worth fixing on 32bits since it's
not clear it'll often work there.

Brice