Hello all,
The overlay split is almost done.

"Sabayon": https://github.com/Enlik/sabayon-distro_rc (temporary, for test)
"Gentoo": http://git.sabayon.org/overlay.git/log/?h=gentoo-squashed-merge
(not merged with master yet)

Speaking about the newly created overlay: previously I'd thought to
erase git history of ebuilds removed for this split, but I didn't do
it this way after all. I've done it "the Ian way": git repository is
copied and stuff removed (a single big git rm -r). In my test size of
the .git repository hasn't shrunk much: the difference was a few MBs
only. And I think that usage of git history that was partially erased
would be confusing.

Only the one I marked "Sabayon" above is up to date. The second one
needs to be merged into master branch, and I will do it when it's time
to deploy, after you take a look and test if everything works.

Tell me people if you have suggestions. Anything can be corrected
(moved) later if needed.
Other remaining things to do: copy/clone "sabayon-distro" overlay (my
suggested name - choose yours) to Sabayon infrastructure, cd to the
directory, execute there: git remote rm origin (and maybe also - not
sure if needed - git update-ref -d refs/original/refs/heads/master) to
remove the link with my temp. git repo on GitHub, and git gc if you
wish (why not on both!). Then configure the second overlay - repo_name
(hah, and the current layman-custom.xml looks weird o.O). Don't know
about what else needs to be done, Fabio does. :)