I can confirm my suspect, LXDM incorrectly handles sessions with
arguments.
lxdm.c file, function:
void switch_user(struct passwd *pw, char *run, char **env)

spawns the /etc/lxdm/Xsession script, with the full session startup
command as $1 argument.
In Sabayon the line:
exec -l $SHELL -c "$CK_XINIT_SESSION \"$LXSESSION\""

is chosen for session startup, this incorrectly quotes $LXSESSION making
the session startup command to be interpreted as a command without any
argument.
This is a pretty huge security flaw.

I will make a patch to try to fix this issue and report this to LXDE
devs.

--
Lorenzo Cogotti