Hi all,

Although Transmission (the app itself) can still work with gtk+ 2 and 3,
the ebuild in Gentoo can now only use Gtk+ 3 (to quote the Gentoo dev: Remove
deprecated support for GTK+-2.x and enable GTK+-3.x with USE="gtk").

That's fine; however, is it okay for us to have Transmission using Gtk+ 3?
Maintaining a gtk+ 2 version ebuild is doable, but meh.

Some facts, according to file list:
- Sabayon 8, both arches, Xfce release has both gtk+ 2 and 3,
- latest freshest daily, both arches, LXDE ISO contains both gtk+ 2 and 3.

It shows it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm asking in case something else
could be "contra" (theming issues? - on the other hand some Gtk+ 3 app is
available on these releases already…), so that's why me asking:

okay to have net-p2p/transmission using new shiny Gtk+ THREE now?

(I'd prefer so.)

Thanks in advance.
SN