Il giorno dom, 25/03/2012 alle 12.37 +0200, Lorenzo Cogotti ha scritto:
> I am experiencing random kernel crashes with kernel 3.3, it is a hard
> guess, but I think it is generated by the fglrx driver and this kernel,
> I am now testing it with open source ATI drivers to verify this.
> I once had a system freeze with a stack trace suggesting that firegl was
> to blame, I experienced another crash today with no output
> on /var/log/messages.
> I attach the output from the first crash I experienced.

By the way, I'm testing it on an AMD64 laptop, Intel core i5 CPU

x11-drivers/ati-drivers-12.2#3.3.0-sabayon
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Madison
[Radeon HD 5000M Series] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

> Il giorno dom, 25/03/2012 alle 03.05 -0500, wolfden ha scritto:
> > all good here so far
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Josef Odenthal
> > <joe.odent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >         kernel-switcher switch pulls in all the needed packages
> >         Sulfur does not pull in all the needed packages

kernel-switcher exists to pull the needed packages, to update a kernel
with sulfur or entropy you are supposed to select manually the required
modules to correctly switch your kernel.

--
Lorenzo Cogotti