Hello, dear list members :)
I had a talk with Enlik and micia three days ago on IRC.
Somehow we came to SQL databases and Enlik pointed me, that Entropy is
using SQLite.
I know, that maybe the mailing list is not the right place for asking
this, but you can read my reasons below.

For now, I would like to know the reasons, why SQLite was preferred
instead of other SQL databases (you know, MySQL, PostgreSQL and so
on).
I know from learning python, that python supports SQLite natively, but
Enlik mentioned some other reasons:
[Saturday, 20. Oktober 2012] [23:43:45 GMT+2] <Enlik>: [...] sqlite is
small, has good support for python, doesn't require any daemon running
(!) - it's just a file on disk - and thus, very safe against cases
when a daemon crashes and Entropy would be in trouble; also, small and
well supported.

However, he is interested in comparing SQLite to other database
management systems concerning to performance.

Why I'm asking?
Well, I thought, it may be useful to documentate the developers'
choices somewhere. Maybe on the wiki. And a mailing list is rather
searchable than IRC. Or is there stored an IRC log somewhere? For
people like me, who are interested in how and why Sabayon works like
it does.

Regards, Ryuno-Ki