I'm not sure I would ever has said that a Pentium 4 has decent performance.

If you are still relying on chips from earlier than 2005 to do any
serious work you should consider an upgrade (save power and better
performance from even an i3) or virtualising the workload onto one
hypervisor.

--
Ian Whyman
v00d00.net