Quick tested KDE dev spin (latest build from today) in Vbox.
Installer worked, again the mouse theme changed just like on MATE spin, but
everything installed it seems.

When trying to reboot from live KDE spin, it simply logs into a fresh KDE
live session again.
After a reboot I notice SDDM being my DM and Kodi is selected as the
default session.
I select Plasma as my default session and it seems to load up fine.

I will now try testing the same spin on a baremetal machine.