On 16/06/13 18:10, christopher.l...@thurweb.ch wrote:
> Good to hear from you again.
:)  busy on the next SDK version ...

> My main Sailfish development host is a MacBookAir, mainly because it lets me
> do
> stuff like program while sitting on my terrace soaking in the sun (very rare
> this year) with a beer next to me (the current use case), or hack on the train
> to work (tomorrow morning's use case).
>
> This means that a typical workflow for me is:
> 1) Program / test it bit ..
> 2) Close the MBA lid while everything is stil running (SDK, Emulator et al)
> 3) do something else like changing trains / getting another beer
> 4) open the MBA lid, continue programming
>
> I have kind of got used to the fact that after point 4), that while the SDK
> and
> Emulator are still running, QtCreator begs to differ.

Good test - I just added it to our suite.

> Either QtCreator thinks both are not running, or I get the timing issues
> reported below (SDK in the future), so I have got used to killing / restarting
> both as a matter of course.
>
> It had occurred to me that maybe some kind of service to sync the time of the
> Emulator / SDK with the development host would be the answer, but haven't yet
> had time to explore further.

It should be there on both emulator and sdk

As root check /lib/systemd/system/vboxservice.service

Should look like:
[Unit]
Description=VBoxService daemon for various aspects of guest control

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/usr/bin/VBoxService -f

[Install]
WantedBy=basic.target

also ls -laF /lib/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/vboxservice.service which
should be a symbolic link to ../vboxservice.service

If not then that's an "oops I wrote it but it didn't get into the images"

David