Hi,

you can log into the Mer SDK VM via ssh as user mersdk and run

sb2 /bin/bash

to log into Scratchbox. There you can develop with vim on a terminal.
There should also be some SDK magic available to deploy to the
emulator as QtCreator is doing ssh into the Mer SDK VM as well, but I
don't know the details for this.

Martin