Hi,

The reason for not whitelisting QtWebKit is a bit different here: that we don’t
want to promise an API that we cannot promise to continue to support. While
QtWebKit may continue to limp along for a few years yet, it has been removed
from upstream webkit, and has no real active maintainers that I am aware of.
The unfortunate reality is that we are not in a position where we can take on
the sole maintenance of a web engine (which is a rather large and complex piece
of software).

We do offer SilicaWebView (in Silica) as a component that does not expose any
engine/implementation details (meaning that we can change the implementation to
use QtWebEngine, or Gecko, or whatever suits us / works best for the purpose).
It should be good enough for simple cases. If you’re lacking something from it,
please ask away :)

BR,
Robin

On 26 Nov 2013, at 02:02, Artem Marchenko