It would be quite a lot of work, I believe...

For one, sailfish is based on mer, which uses systemd, which is linux specific.

Then, the currently available (well, it will be available shortly!)
hardware needs Android drivers.

I have not been using BSD in a while... what are its advantages? In
embedded projects, Linux starts to be quite entrenched... :)

Luciano

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM,  <openda...@hushmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the ups and downs of replacing Linux with something like
> OpenBSD in Sailfish?
>
> They say "perfection is achieved, not when there's nothing left to add, but
> when there's nothing left to take away". It seems no other OS in the world
> today embodies this as well as OpenBSD does.
>
> Thanks.
>
> O.D.

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams