Today, on 11th December, I choose on my Jolla v.1.0.0.5:

Settings > [i] Device info > pull-down menu / Check for updates

=>

Updates: checking...
then
Updates: Up to date

The device has not been hacked in any way, just Dev mode is active as
normal.

Did I do something wrong or is there a delay with the update?

rgds,
Seppo