Hi Martin,

Arto Jalkane and I worked together in the Ubuntu Touch File Manager.

We have a Qt plugin <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-filemanager-dev/ubuntu-filemanager-app/plugin> backend model which was inherited from nemo mobile plugin <https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-qml-plugin-folderlistmodel> model.

Besides browsing our model does copy/cut/paste, recursive remove, open files and something else. I intend to implement some Trash/Undo capability soon and I am thinking about adding some network capabilities like samba shares, bluetooth and others.

Please feel free to use our model, I can publish that on the github.

Thanks,
Carlos