Hi Ruediger,

On 12/17/2013 11:16 PM, Ruediger Gad wrote:
Hi,

as far as I can see, qca-qt5 is not available in the pre-installed
repositories of the Jolla phone.
So, my questions are:
- Is it planned to make it available (qca-qt5 is already in
nemo:devel:mw on Mer OBS.)?
If this package is in the Nemo already, it should be available soon (some upcoming winter update) in Sailfish with some upcoming update. Ask lbt on irc@freenode #mer about approx. estimations.
- What would be the process to make it available and how long would it
roughly take?
   I filed the PR on github that added the packaging for the actual qt5
version and would be willing to help here if I can.
- Are there alternatives to adding qca-qt5 to the pre-installed
repositories in order to allow apps on Harbour to use it as dependency?
Now you can just package it with your application. Sometime later it has a big chance to appear in the list of officially supported packages if API will be considered stable enough to be supported.

- denis

Background:
My app MeePasswords requires qca-qt5.
So far, I succeeded in building it in the SDK and successfully ran it on
my device (I manually added the qca-qt5 dependency via zypper.).
The biggest problem right now is the qca-qt5 dependency.

I'd be very happy if it was possible to get MeePasswords into the Harbour.

Thanks and best regards,

Ruediger