Is it really missing? Or just not implemented?
Why you switching statement?

It will be handy to have built in pickers for everything, but well, you have contacts model and can create you own picker with favorite delegates.

I dont think it's really "missing" feature.

Really missing feature for example Haptics/Feedback effects on QML side, because its essential thing coming from hardware.